Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisemail@example.com
Welcome back everyone. Hope everyone had a great summer and stayed “cool” during our many heat waves.
During the months of June, July and August, we were busy. Our group participated in a wide variety of activities. They included eating at various restaurants, visiting local museums, participating in chair yoga, playing miniature golf, having catered lunches, enjoying our annual picnic, having a book swap and attending interesting presentations to include questions and “guess the item,” etc. etc. All in all, with all the activities the summer months just seemed to fly by. For doing all this summer planning, we need to give a big note of thanks to Grace Dunham and Donna Wardlow for their outstanding effort in keeping our summertime active. And another note of thanks to Don and Sheryl Ryder for creating our catered lunches and seeing if we could identify some old-time hidden objects.
Our last meeting was the monthly business meeting. Along with birthday announcements, we had cupcakes and ice cream.
Business meeting highlights:
- Past meeting minutes were read and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
- We still need to do a membership drive. A chairperson is needed.
- It as approved that the Treasurer can move our checking account from Bank of America (due the Hollis branch closing) to another bank.
- Discussion was generated about paying, in advance, for Meals on Wheels. We will do a trial period over the next month to see how this new system works.
- Possible fall trips were discussed, ranging from Portsmouth to the Lakes.
Activities for the Month of September:
- 1 Sep: Welcome back and also welcome Meals on Wheels. Also, chair Yoga will start at 10:15 and end at 11:00AM. Price is $3.00 per person. So come early and grab a chair.
- 8 Sep: Brown Bag auction
- 13 Sep: Primary voting
- 15 Sep: Entertainment by the Seniors Singing Group
- 17 Sep: Hollis Old Home Days
- 22 Sep: Hollis Fire Department will talk about home safety and First Aid and demonstrate the AED.
- 29 Sep: Monthly business meeting and birthday greetings AND the Silver Singer Chorus from Nashua will perform for us.
September birthdays: Theresa Aube, Barbara Davis, John DiClemente, David Glover, Evelyn Glover, Marion Keith, Sandy Mason, Terry Murphy, Margie Rowe, Marion Sherwin, and Hilda Tolles
If we forgot someone, it is because we do not have your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Future Senior Activities:
Please let me know your suggestions for future activities you would like to see or do.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey