Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisfirstname.lastname@example.org
This will be a short newsletter as your editor/photographer and his wife have been on vacation for most of September. But, I will try and bring everyone up to date as to the September happenings and what is scheduled for October.
During September, there were various events to include musical serenades, scientific quizzes and yoga exercises. At our last meeting of the month, we had the our Chair Yoga exercise group get together and “stretch out.” This is a great way for seniors to stay limber and have fun. We also had the Nashua Seniors “Silver Lining” singing group perform for us (see photo). This 12 member-singing group is simply outstanding. Be sure to hear them at the upcoming senior variety show on 6 November. You can get tickets for the variety show by calling the Nashua Senior Center.
Our last meeting was also the monthly business meeting. Along with birthday announcements, we had cake and ice cream.
Business meeting highlights:
- Past meeting minutes were read and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
- We still need to do a membership drive. A chairperson is needed.
- The Hollis Seniors checking account is being moved from the Bank of America to Santander.
- We are now paying in advance for MOW. This seems to be working well.
Activities for the Month of October:
- 6 Oct: Chair Yoga will start at 10:15 and end at 11:00AM. Price is $3.00 per person. So come early and grab a chair!! At this meeting we will have a “show and tell.” Please bring something that has a “story” and tell about it.
- 6 & 7 Oct: AARP safe driving class to be held at the Nashua Senior Center, from 09:30AM to 12:30PM: Please call the Nashua Senior Center to register at 603-889-6155.
- 10 Oct: Columbus Day
- 13 Oct: Pumpkin Decoration. Paint or cut a pumpkin and bring it in. Prizes will be awarded
- 20 Oct: Representatives from Beaver Brook will give us an update regarding this organization.
- 27 Oct: Monthly business meeting along with birthday cake and ice cream. Also, our Hollis Librarian with gives us an update on the Hollis Library and the opportunities it offers for seniors.
October birthdays: Sandy Belanger, Helga Coss, Dee Haddad and Peggy Van Blarigan
If we forgot someone, it is because we do not have your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Please let me know your suggestions for future activities you would like to see or do.
Send mail to email@example.com with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey