Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisfirstname.lastname@example.org
September got off to a great start, as we started with more members and started Meals on Wheels again. This was a great beginning to the fall season. And say “Hi” to Dave Weber one of our newest members.
At the following week, we decided to have some outdoor fun and exercise. We hit the golf links, specifically, the miniature golf links at the Amherst Country Club. Members found themselves in sand traps and even doing some fishing (fishing golf balls out of the water hazards.) Such a great time was had, that members asked when the next golf outing would be scheduled. Who knew a “kid’s game” could be so much fun. And after walking the links, lunch was served at the Amherst Country Club.
Our next weekly adventure was the ice cream social. Sweets galore after lunch. What a life! And during this weekly period, many members attended Hilda Tolles 100th Birthday Party where she was presented with the Boston Post Cane.
We then finished up the month with our monthly meeting.
Business meeting highlights:
- Past meeting minutes were read and accepted
- Treasurer’s report was read and accepted.
Old Business: Nothing pending
- Flu shots will be given at the Hollis Pharmacy on 2 October
- It was voted not to have entertainment during our Christmas Party. Instead, we will have a Yankee Swap.
- A discussion about having a membership drive was brought up. Many good ideas on how to let the Hollis population know and eventually join our group were discussed. Ideas ranged from newspaper announcements, distributing flyers around town, erecting small billboards around town, to inviting Channel 9 to do a “story” on our group. More ideas are sure to follow.
Activities for the Month of October
- 1 Oct: MOW and social time.
- 8 Oct: Trip and lunch to the Barrett House, 79 Main Street, in New Ipswich. Cost will be $4.00 for a 1hour tour. Then off to the Panda Wok in Greenville for lunch. There will NOT be a MOW lunch served.
- 15 Oct: Brown bag auction. This is always FUN
- 22 Oct: Belltone will be demonstrating the latest in hearing technology. AND they will be providing lunch. So there will be no MOW
- 29 Oct: Business meeting and birthday cake and ice cream.
If we forgot someone, it is because you didn’t provide your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Future Senior Activities:
Please let me know your suggestions,
Send mail to email@example.com with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey