May 2017 Newsletter
Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisemail@example.com
On a sad note, one of our long time members, Dan Sherwin, died at the end of April. Our condolences to Dan’s family.
This will be a short newsletter as your editorial staff was on vacation in the Netherlands and Belgium.
We started the month with a potluck lunch, (so many wonderful selections) and a presentation by Reverend Rasmussen. She presented an overview of her life in Europe where she spent 10 years at various locations. Great travel log.
Then there was a spring hat show.
I am happy to say that we are still having our Chair-Yoga every Thursday starting at 10:15. So come a little early and enjoy these various relaxation techniques.
Business meeting highlights:
- Past meeting minutes were read and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report.
- We still need to hold a membership drive. A chairperson is needed. Any volunteers?
a. It was decided that we would hold our 2017 Christmas party at the Alpine Grove restaurant in Hollis.
b. We now will be looking at having our summer picnic here at the Barn. Stay tuned for more information.
Activities for the Month of May:
- 4 May: Pot Luck. Beltone will be presenting the latest in hearing aids AND will be bringing us lunch
- 11 May: We are going to have another potluck DESSERT.
- 18 May: Presentation on planting from seedlings and general gardening.
- 22 and 23 May: AARP Safe Driving class to be held at the Nashua Senior Center. Please call 603-889-6155 to register.
- 24 May: An AARP “We Need To Talk” class, from 9:30 to 11:00 AM at the Nashua Senior Center. Please call the Center at 603-880-6155 to register.
- 25 May: Monthly meeting along with birthday cake and ice cream.
- 29 May: Memorial Day, starting at 5:00 PM on the Town Common.
May birthdays: Nelson Burtt, Betsey Cotton, Becky Crowther, Rita DiClemente, Phyllis Houle, and John Ogrodowczyk,
If we forgot someone, it is because we do not have your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information and renew your membership.
AARP Safe Driving Class 22-23 May 2017
An AARP safe driving class will be held 22 and 23 May 2017 at the Nashua Senior Center, from 9:30AM-12:30 each day. Please call the Nashua Senior Center to register at 603-889-6155.
Senior Picnic: 1 June 2017 at the Barn.
Please let me know if you have suggestions for activities you are interested in for the group.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey