Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisemail@example.com
April started off with snow still on the ground, but “spring” was in the air. Specifically, we had pizza and just sat around and simply enjoyed each other’s company.
The following week was a “day-away” lunch at the Longhorn restaurant. Here we had our own table and simply ordered off the menu. Along with the food being good, everyone also had a good time. From the numbers in attendance, it looks like we need to do this more often.
The next week we were entertained by the HBMS Jazz band. These young men and women musicians were simply outstanding. We would like to have them perform for us every week. Lunch served with great music, what more can one ask for.
On the 23rd of April, we had a Spring Bonnet Hat Show.” Members were asked to design and then wear their hand-made creations. And there were some creations, ranging from decorated metal colanders to “you name it.” Definitely, some great pieces of art were displayed. Check the photos on our web site, thanks to Jim and Sandy.
At our last meeting in April,
Business meeting highlights:
- Minutes of the March meeting were read by Bob Fiero and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report for March and April was read by Nancy Bell and accepted.
- Donation was made to the HBMS Theater Group.
- Donation was made to the HBMS Jazz Group.
- Reservations for Squam Lake cruise were requested. The trip is planned for 9 July and the cost is $59.00/per person that includes travel, boat trip and lunch. Call Grace at 465-3991 to make your reservation.
- Discussions are still on going concerning our group combining future trips or outings with senior groups from Brookline and Milford.
- Possible visit to the Indian museum in CT in the near future.
- Phyllis Houle is still on the mend, hoping to return soon.
Activities for the month of May:
- 7 May: Pizza at our meeting
- 14 May: Armed Forces Day.
- 19 May: Seniors lunch at HBMS.
- 21 May: Dr. Todd Pollack, DDS, will discuss “Senior Dentistry.”
- 28 May: Business meeting, cake and ice cream for our Birthday folks.
If we forgot someone, it is because you didn’t provide your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Future Senior Activities:
Please let me know your suggestions.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey