Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisemail@example.com
REMINDER: Your annual DUES are “due,” unless you qualify as an honorary member. Still, you need to see Bob Fiero to update your membership information. Members who do not renew (paying) will be dropped from our rolls.
At our first meeting this month, we had our normal meet and greet along with a “book swap.” This turned out to be very enjoyable with lots of books being exchanged. It was so enjoyable that we need to do this again in the future. Unfortunately, at this meeting we could not come up with enough members to take advantage of an upcoming trip to the PEM. Maybe next time.
Our next meeting was our Valentine “exchange” along with a pizza and ice cream lunch. What a fun combination! Along with the valentines and pizza and ice cream, a dream sheet was passed around to everyone. This sheet provided a long list of possible local trips and visits that we could take over the next 6 months. Members were asked to mark their choices and the officers will make known the most favorable choices.
We next had a potluck lunch. It was so good and enjoyable; many members stated we should do it again in the near future. There was an excellent variety of food and goodies.
We then finished up the month on February 25 with our monthly business meeting along with cake, ice cream and birthday announcements.
Business meeting highlights:
- Past meeting minutes were read and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report was read and accepted
- We still need to do a membership drive. A chairperson is needed.
- The issue of the BINGO machine was settled. It was not ours in the first place.
- Members wanting to attend the Flower Show need to sign up by 3 March 2016. See Grace and/or Donna.
- We have a volunteer that will help with any computer issues you may have. Call or email Jim Belanger for more information and who to contact. You folks that are upgrading to Windows 10.0, take advantage of this service. Jim can be reached at 465-2301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities for the Month of March
- 3 Mar: MOW and review of Hollis Warrant articles by Roger Saunders
- 8 Mar: Town voting at the “Barn” from 7AM to 7PM.
- 10 Mar: Lunch at Ruby Tuesday’s starting at 11:30AM
- 12 Mar: Hollis Town Meeting at the High School starting at 10:00AM
- 15 Mar: Lunch at HBMS
- 17 Mar: Sing-a-long for St. Patrick’s day
- 19 Mar: Trip to the Boston Flower Show
- 24 Mar: TBA
- 31 Mar: Presentation by Kevin Skurupa, Channel 9 Meteorologist. Show up by 9:30AM for the presentation. Coffee and donuts will be served. After the presentation, we will have our normal meal, business meeting and birthday greetings.
If we forgot someone, it is because you didn’t provide your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Future Senior Activities:
Please let me know your suggestions for future activities you would like to see or do.
Send mail to email@example.com with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey