Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisfirstname.lastname@example.org
February started just like January, as our first scheduled meeting on the 5th was “snowed out.” We wonder if this winter, especially the snow, will ever end!
As a REMINDER, your annual dues are DUE. Please see Bob Fiero and Nancy Bell.
The following week was our Valentine’s week and members were asked to bring in their hand-crafted Valentine table centerpieces. The stipulation was that each centerpiece had to have 1 or more “red” candles. Then while we all were waiting for our pizzas, we were entertained by members from the HBHS theater group. They proceeded to sing for us a selection from “Oklahoma.” At the conclusion of this short venue, they informed us that the Hollis Seniors were invited to the HBHS presentation of “Oklahoma” on 24 March, at 9:30AM. So everyone, keep the date of 24 March open to attend the HBHS presentation of “Oklahoma.”
After the pizza’s and song by the theater group, there was the judging of the Valentine centerpieces. And talk about some wonderfully, handcrafted centerpieces. Check our website for all the pictures. The most unique was the “Red Baron” tri-wing centerpiece, created by Bill Defeo. It was so unique, Bill auctioned it off to the members, with the monies going to the Seniors. Thank you, Bill.
The next week was also a “no-go.” The winter weather during February has just been “too much.”
At our last meeting in February, prior to our business meeting and cake and ice cream social, we had a presentation by members of the Hollis-Brookline Co-op school committee. The presentation centered around the upcoming articles and warrants that will be voted upon during March. Items ranged from funding of school personnel and operations for the Co-op to possible adoption of the RSA 40:13, better known as SB-2. There were some “lively” group discussions during this presentation. Word to all, read up on these various issues prior to casting your vote. These are some important issues!
Business meeting highlights:
- Minutes of the January meeting were read by Bob Fiero and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report was read by Nancy Bell and accepted.
- Discussions are still on going concerning our group combining future trips or outings with Senior groups from Brookline and Milford. We are in the process of getting transportation quotes for these possible trips.
Activities for the month of March:
- 3 Mar: Co-op School meeting. Please try to attend
- 5 Mar: Open Meeting Forum.
- 10 Mar: Hollis Town Voting, here at the Barn.
- 12 Mar: Presentation by Bedford Home Care.
- 14 Mar: Hollis Town meeting, starting at 9AM (this is a Saturday meeting).
- 17 Mar: School lunch at the HBMS. Please call Donna to register.
- 24 Mar: Presentation of “Oklahoma” by the HBHS theater group in the HBHS auditorium. This is for Seniors and starts at 9:30AM with lunch to follow. Please try to attend.
- 26 Mar: Business meeting, cake and ice cream for our Birthday folks.
If we forgot someone, it is because you didn’t provide your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Future Senior Activities:
Please let me know your suggestions.
Send mail to email@example.com with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey