Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisemail@example.com
HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone.
It is with sadness that we notify you of the death of Dick Brown. He past away the end of December. We will all remember Dick and his newspaper clippings. Our condolences to his family.
During our December meetings, several items were completed by year’s end. Along with which, we said “hello” to 2 new members: Jack and Patricia O’Reilly.
At the start of our first meeting Rodger Williams entertained us. Rodger, who has worked for Lull Farms (David Orde) for more than 30 years, is from Jamaica, working as a seasonal worker. He works about 8-9 months a year for Lull Farms, away from his family. He is normally home from December to the start of April, when he heads back to Hollis. His talk about working here in the United States these past 30 years, our customs, his customs and being away from his family, provided a most interesting presentation.
Our next meeting was our Christmas party that included music by our own Paul Gauvreau and a Yankee Swap. It was evident that a great time was had by all, especially the swapping of gifts that provided some laughs. Check our web site for more photos (in color.
We then finished up the month on the 19th of December with our monthly business meeting along with cake, ice cream and birthday announcements. The following Thursday was Christmas and thus no meeting.
Business meeting highlights:
- Past meeting minutes were read and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report was read. Our Treasurer talked to the bank and we will not be charged a checking service charge. But, we must “renew” our status with the bank each year.
- A discussion about having a membership drive was brought up again. We will pursue this issue during the coming year.
- Officer elections were held and the following officers were elected.
o President: Donna Wardlow
o Vice President: Don Ryder. In Don’s absence, (when he and Sheryl are in AZ), the following folks will step in: Bill Defeo for January, Rick Nichols for February, Marion Keith for March and Bill Barnes for April.
o Secretary: Bob Fiero
o Treasurer: Nancy Bell.
o The following were appointed: Programs- Grace Dunham, Newsletter/Photos- Andy Seremeth
- We are updating our membership list. Please see Bob and check your data.
- We have a volunteer that will help with any computer issues you may have. Call or email Jim Belanger for more information and who to contact. Jim can be reached at 465-2301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities for the Month of January
- 7 Jan: MOW
- 14 Jan: Presentation by David Orde of Lull Farms.
- 19 Jan: Middle School Lunch. Please call Donna.
- 23 Jan: Lunch out??
- 28 Jan: Business meeting along with birthday cake & ice cream.
If we forgot someone, it is because you didn’t provide your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Future Senior Activities:
Please let me know your suggestions,
Send mail to email@example.com with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey