Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisemail@example.com
It is with sadness that I must report that one of our members, Bernie Madeira, passed away the end of January. Our most sincere condolences to June and the family. We will always remember Bernie and his detailed and wonderful drawings.
REMINDER: Your annual DUES are “due,” unless you qualify as an honorary member. Still you need to see Bob Fiero to update your membership information.
Our first meeting of the New Year was a “meet and greet” by everyone.
For our next meeting we had a program cancellation. So it was another social hour with discussions about future trips and presentations.
The third meeting of January was a pizza and ice cream lunch. What a fun combination! Along with pizza and ice cream, a dream sheet was passed around to everyone. This sheet provided a long list of possible local trips and visits that we could take over the next 6 months. Members were asked to mark their choices and the officers will make known the most favorable choices.
We then finished up the month on January 28 with our monthly business meeting along with cake, ice cream and birthday announcements.
Business meeting highlights:
- Past meeting minutes were read and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report was read and accepted
- A discussion about having a membership drive was brought up again. We will pursue this issue during the coming year.
- A trip is planned for the Peabody-Essex Museum on 9 Feb. Grace outlined the trip to consist of a visit to the museum along with a lunch. If you have not visited the PEM for some time or have never visited it, this is a very worthwhile trip. Cost is $49.00/per person
- There was discussion about the disposition of the Senior’s BINGO machine. We either should use it (BINGO some afternoon here in the Barn) or donate/sell it to another group. More to follow at the next meeting.
- We have a volunteer that will help with any computer issues you may have. Call or email Jim Belanger for more information and who to contact. You folks that are upgrading to Windows 10.0, take advantage of this service. Jim can be reached at 465-2301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities for the Month of February
- 4 Feb: Book swap along with MOW. Bring some books that you have read and swap them for “new” ones.
- 9 Feb: Trip to Peabody-Essex Museum.
- 9 Feb: Primary voting. Please VOTE.
- 11 Feb: Funny Valentine card swap.
- 16 Feb: Middle School Lunch. Please call Donna.
- 18 Feb: Pot Luck lunch. Bring your favorite meal to share.
- 25 Feb: Business meeting along with birthday cake & ice cream.
If we forgot someone, it is because you didn’t provide your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Future Senior Activities:
Please let me know your suggestions for future activities you would like to see or do.
Send mail to email@example.com with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey