Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisemail@example.com
January started a little slow, especially since our first scheduled meeting was “snowed out.” It wasn’t until our next meeting that our new officers were introduced. Also at this meeting, a certificate from the group was presented to Honi Glover as appreciation for all her past efforts as Club President. Honi: Well deserved! Again, thank you.
(click to enlarge)
We need to welcome new members. They are:
Please stop by and say “hi” to our newest members.
As a REMINDER, your annual dues are DUE. Please see Bob Fiero and Nancy Bell.
The following week Bill Barnes gave a presentation on his recent month long trip to Alaska. Bill and his family experienced Alaska by rail, road, and boat. Bill took in fishing trips, glacier trips and even Alaska unique museums. All-in-all, Bill said he had a wonderful time and is ready to go back and see more of Alaska. Additionally at this meeting, Donna and Marion passed out note pads at every table. The purpose of the note pads was to give members a chance to write down their desires for future activities and functions. Some of the ideas proposed ranged from attending movies at Chunkie’s to having a lunch at one of our many local restaurants. More details will be forthcoming.
At our last meeting in January we had our business meeting and cake and ice cream social.
Business meeting highlights:
- Minutes of the last meeting were read by Bob Fiero and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report was read by Donna Wardlow (Nancy Bell provided the data) and accepted.
- An independent audit of our finances was conducted and found to be correct.
- A Secretary Resolution was provided to our Bank.
- A motion was made and approved to pay for our February Pizza using club funds.
- A discussion followed about our group combining future trips or outings with Senior groups from Brookline and Milford. This way our group could take advantage of any cost savings associated with various trips versus having to hire our own means of transportation.
Activities for the month of February:
- 5 Feb: Pizza party.
- 12 Feb: Bring your Valentine Candle Centerpiece Creation. Create and bring your red candle or multiple red candle centerpiece (it must have red candle(s)) to the meeting. The candle centerpieces will be judge with awards going to the top 3 centerpieces.
- 17 Feb: School lunch at the HBMS. Please call Donna to register.
- 19 Feb: The HBMS Jazz Band will entertain us. This is a “swinging” group!
- 29 Feb: Business meeting, cake and ice cream for our Birthday folks.
If we forgot someone, it is because you didn’t provide your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Future Senior Activities:
Please let me know your suggestions.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey