Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisfirstname.lastname@example.org
At our first monthly meeting, we had our MOW and a presentation by folks from Citizen’s bank on estate planning. This presentation was very informative and generated a lively discussion from members. It is never to late to plan.
Our next meeting was a presentation on various art principles.
We then finished up the month on the 19th of November with our monthly business meeting along with cake, ice cream and birthday announcements. The following Thursday was Thanksgiving and thus no meeting.
Business meeting highlights:
- Past meeting minutes were read and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report was read. Our Treasurer talked to the bank and we will not be charged a checking service charge. But, we must “renew” our status with the bank each year.
- A discussion about having a membership drive was brought u again. We will pursue this issue next year
- The Christmas party cost and menu was finalized.
- The cost and meal selection for our Christmas party was finalized. Cost will be $28.00 per person. The meals were chicken or salmon. Choices were given to Grace. Member were asked to pay at the 3 Dec meeting either with cash or a check made out to the “Hollis Seniors.”
It was voted not to have entertainment during our Christmas Party. Instead, we will have a Yankee Swap.
- Elections for officers will be in December. Speak up if you would like to serve.
- We are updating our membership list. Please see Bob and check your data.
Activities for the Month of December
- 3 Dec: MOW
- 10 Dec: Christmas party
- 17 Dec: Business meeting, birthday cake and voting for officers for 2016
- 24 Dec: Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to all.
- 31 Dec: New Year’s Eve. Happy New Year to all.
If we forgot someone, it is because you didn’t provide your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Future Senior Activities:
Please let me know your suggestions,
Send mail to email@example.com with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey