Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisemail@example.com
We have a new member: Say “hi” to Florence Baker
At our first meeting this month, we had members of the Hollis Land Preservation group outline the proposed purchase of 3 land parcels that would be discussed at the Hollis Town Meeting. Various questions and answers followed the presentations.
Our next weekly meeting was lunch at “Ruby Tuesday’s” in Nashua. A good lunch and a good time was had by all. We had plenty of time to sit and talk with out being rushed. This was a fun afternoon.
During the following week, we had 2 activities. There was a 17 March St Pat’s sing-a-long and a trip to the Boston Flower Show 2 days later. This was an action packed week. The Sing-a-long was on our normal Thursday meeting with words and music supplied by our very own folks. Then on Saturday, a busload of folks made the trip to the Boston Flower Show with Curmudgeon and Friends driving the members down and back. This is a great way to do an event, let someone else do the driving.
At out next meeting, we had a simple meet and greet.
At our last monthly meeting, we had Kevin Skarupa, the meteorologist from Channel 9, who provided a great presentation on “weather.” Kevin’s presentation covered weather highlights over the past century and to include up to current day forecasting methods. A great presentation! At the conclusion of our weather class, we held our monthly business meeting along with cake, ice cream and birthday announcements.
Business meeting highlights:
- Past meeting minutes were read and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report was tabled until next month.
- We still need to do a membership drive. A chairperson is needed.
- We have a volunteer that will help with any computer issues you may have. Call or email Jim Belanger for more information and who to contact. You folks that are upgrading to Windows 10.0, take advantage of this service. Jim can be reached at 465-2301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities for the Month of April
- 7 Apr: MOW and open visiting
- 14 Apr: HBMS Jazz Band
- 15 Apr: Tax Day
- 19 Apr: Middle School Lunch
- 21 Apr: Pot Luck Lunch
- 25 &26 Apr: AARP driver safety class, to be held at the Nashua Senior Center. Call the center at 889-6155 to register.
- 28 Apr: Business meeting and birthday greetings with cake and ice cream.
April’s birthdays: Honi Glover, Bill McKay, Jeanne Plourde, Phil Ripley, and Glenn Simonds.
If we forgot someone, it is because you didn’t provide your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Future Senior Activities:
Please let me know your suggestions for future activities you would like to see or do.
Send mail to email@example.com with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey