Apr 2017 Newsletter
Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisfirstname.lastname@example.org
Give a big welcome to 2 new members: Doug Nye and Bob Glover. WELCOME
Well, we again had some “snowy” weather. Such is life in New Hampshire.
Outside of snowy meeting and non-meeting days, we finally had a Thursday when we were all together. To start, we had a presentation by Laura Klain who is the director of the Hollis social library. She explained just what is available in the library and what future programs are being scheduled. They even have “help” sessions for any folks that are new to “computers.” We have a great library and it is a jewel in our town.
Additionally, on this same Thursday we had a new potluck. It was a desert potluck. There were deserts of all kind! This was such a hit, folks were thinking about doing this type of potluck in the very near future. Sounds like a lot of us have a sweet tooth.
I am happy to say that we are still having our Chair-Yoga every Thursday starting at 10:15. So come a little early and enjoy these various relaxation techniques.
Business meeting highlights:
- Past meeting minutes were read and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report was not available.
- All funds have now transferred to Santander Bank.
- We still need to hold a membership drive. A chairperson is needed. Any volunteers?
a. It was decided that we would hold our 2017 Christmas party at the Alpine Grove restaurant in Hollis.
b. We now will be looking at having our summer picnic here at the Barn. Stay tuned for more information.
Activities for the Month of April:
- 6 Apr: Pot Luck. Bring your favorite dish for all to share. Also, Reverend Tanya Rasmussen will give a talk on life in Europe.
- 8 Apr: Spring yard sale, sponsored by the Hollis Women’s club, will be held at the “Barn.”
- 10 and 11 Apr: AARP safe driving class will be held at the Nashua Senior Center. Please call them at 603-889-6155 to register.
- 13 Apr: Social time with your fellow members.
- 20 Apr: Bring in spring with a “Spring Hat.” of our own design.
- 27 Apr: Monthly meeting along with birthday cake and ice cream.
April birthdays: Paul Bodmer, Honi Glover, Philip Ripley and Glenn Simonds
If we forgot someone, it is because we do not have your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information and renew your membership.
Hollis Town Band Pops Concert April 2nd
Enjoy a variety of music from original arrangements to classic marches as well as an array of delicious desserts at the 56th Annual Hollis Town Band Pops Concert Sunday, April 2nd at Alpine Grove, Rte 111A Hollis. Doors open at 1:30PM. Tickets are $24 and include the concert plus a dessert buffet. Tickets are available from Hollis Band members or by calling 603-883-2448.
AARP Safe Driving Class 10-11 April
An AARP safe driving class will be held 10 and 11 April 2017 at the Nashua Senior Center, from 9:30AM-12:30 each day. Please call the Nashua Senior Center to register at 603-889-6155.
Please let me know if you have suggestions for activities you are interested in for the group.
Send mail to email@example.com with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey