Hollis Seniors Newsletter
Hollis, NH 03049
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisfirstname.lastname@example.org
March started off much easier. Specifically, at our first meeting we had an “open mike” and just sat around and simply enjoyed each other’s company. Told some “war stories” and lots of interesting tid-bits for all to enjoy. It was fun!!
The following week was a presentation by folks from “Home Care Assistance”, located in Bedford, NH. The presentation covered the Founders, the Mission and Services offered. Basically the organization offers 24 hour-7days/week live in care for older adults. Caregivers come to your home or senior centers to provide a wide multitude of services. The presentation covered areas from diets to exercises to keeping minds “sharp.”
The next week was our “pot-luck” lunch and sing-a-long with Janet and Lois. Talk about the spread of food!! It was great, it was varied and above all, it was plentiful. Meals-on-Wheels was never like this. At the conclusion of such a great lunch, we had an Irish sing-a-long with Janet at the keyboard and Lois on the mike. We need to do this more often.
On the 24 of March, we all went to the HBHS to attend a matinee performance of “Oklahoma” presented by the HBHS theater group. This performance specifically was for all local seniors. What a SHOW!! The kids and orchestra were simply outstanding. For those that didn’t make it, you missed one heck of a show. Don’t miss next year. Then, to top it off, the audience and performers were invited to “lunch” at the school. We had a great play, a great lunch and were able to even sit with various members of the cast. What a treat. A big round of thanks to the HBHS cast and teachers.
At our last meeting in March,
Business meeting highlights:
- Minutes of the February meeting were read by Bob Fiero and accepted.
- Treasurer’s report was not available
- Discussions are still on going concerning our group combining future trips or outings with senior groups from Brookline and Milford. We are looking at boat tour to Squam Lake on 9 July 2015.
- Grace Dunham has volunteered to be the Program Director. GREAT!
- Voted to have pizza the first Thursday of the month.
- Possible visit to the Indian museum in CT in the next future.
- Cheryl Piekarski is still on the mend, hoping to return soon.
- Bob Fiero gave a short recap of the wolf-coyote influx into New England.
- There was a general agreement to donate money to the HBHS theater group and the HBMS jazz group.
Activities for the month of April:
- 2 Apr: Pizza at our meeting
- 5 Apr: Easter.
- 9 Apr: Lunch at the Long Horn restaurant. We have done this before and it always has been great.
- 16 Apr: HBMS Jazz Band. Be prepared to hear some swinging music.
- 23 Apr: Open
- 30 Apr: Business meeting, cake and ice cream for our Birthday folks.
If we forgot someone, it is because you didn’t provide your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information.
Future Senior Activities:
Please let me know your suggestions.
Send mail to email@example.com with any questions or comments about this web site.
Web site donated by Joshua Robey